VER 10.63s - If you already have a previous version of EsdTest installed
that is newer than 10.00, then go to the update
page and just add the updates rather than reinstalling the whole
ver 10 system, otherwise:
Click here to download the newest Static Solutions 32 bit ESDTest ver 10.63s (for English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Chinese) zipped Installation file for Win95,98,NT,2000,XP,Win7,Win8 which uses Install Shield ver 12 for CD installation
VER 9.45s - If you already have a previous version of EsdTest installed that is newer than 9.00, then go to the update page and just add the updates rather than reinstalling the whole ver 9 system, otherwise:
Click here to download the newest Static Solutions 32 bit ESDTest ver 9.45s (for English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Chinese) zipped Installation file for Win95,98,NT,2000,XP,Win7 which uses Install Shield ver 12 for CD installation
Click here to view installtion instructions for Windows 8
Note - If it is desired to only create an installation CD without installing this version, then run the EsdTestxxxs.exe installation file on your computer and press the "cancel" button when it asks you if you want to install it (or just unclick the "When done unzipping, open /setup.exe" in the winzip self-extractor window). Running EsdTestxxxs.exe will unzip the files to the C:\EsdTestxxxs directory. Open this directory, and then copy all the files and folders to the CD. Thus on the CD root directory, there should be 2 subdirectories (EsdTest and System32) and installtion files including AutoRun.ini.
Uninstall any previous versions of the EsdTest software before installing this new version. To unistall old version:
A - Backup everything.
1. Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer). Either hold the Windows Logo key and press the E key, or click on the MyComputer desktop icon.
2. If there are not 2 panes (columns) then click on the Folders icon so that you see 2 panes. The left pane should now say Folders.
3. Left click on the Local Disk (C:) drive item to expand it. All its folders should then be displayed beneath it.
4. Right click on the EsdTest folder and select Copy.
5. Right click on the Local Disk (C:) drive item and select Paste.
6. A new folder should have been created that says "Copy of EsdTest".
7. Left click on this new backup "Copy of EsdTest" folder and you should see all the files displayed in the right pane. There are 5 crucial ones: Names.txt, Log.txt, EsdTest.ini, GenReports.txt, and Netlist.txt. If these exist, then you can proceed to uninstall.
B - Uninstall old program
8. Close or minimize window explorer.
9. Click the Start icon on the lower left toolbar
10 Click Settings and/or Control Panel
11. Click Add/Remove Programs
12. Wait for all the programs to be displayed.
13 Left click on EsdTest
14. Left Click on Uninstall
15 Left click on OK.
16 The program should now have been uninstalled.
C - Install new program
17 Insert the new EsdTest installation files (either downloaded or on CD)
18. The CD should autoboot and ask standard installation questions. If it does not autoboot then open Windows Explorer again, click on the CD drive, and click on Setup.exe. If you can not find Setup.exe then see if EsdTestxxxxs.exe is there and click on it.
19. Once installed, a pop up window should appear and ask if you want to check the web for updates. Click yes which will open Internet Explorer and take you to the update website, then click on the newest update. Updates can also be gotten by opening the EsdTest program and clicking on "Help", "Check for software updates".
20. If the EsdTest program is open then close it.
D - Copy the old data files (in Copy of EsdTest directory) back to the EsdTest directory
21. Open Windows explorer again (as you did in steps 1-3 above)
22. You should see all the directories in the left hand pane.
23. Left click on the "Copy of EsdTest" directory.
24. You should see all of its files in the right hand pane.
25. Hold down the Ctrl key and while holding it down left click once each on the following 5 files: Names.txt, Log.txt, EsdTest.ini, GenReports.txt, and Netlist.txt.
26 Keep holding the ctrl key down. You should now see those 5 files highlighted in blue.
27. Keep holding the ctrl key down, and right click on one of the 5 files, and select copy.
28. Release the ctrl key.
29. Right click on the EsdTest directory in the left hand pane, and select paste.
30. If a message asks you if you want to over write a file, then make sure the file dates seem logical and then click yes.
E. - Check operation
31. Boot up the EsdTest program in the EsdTest directory. It should boot up and list the new version. If you miss reading the boot up logo, then just click Help About.
32. Check the names. They should be your old ones.
32. Run a report. It should show your old test data.
F. - Notes.
For future updates, you will never have to do all this again, just click on Help "Check for software updates".
It is a good idea to occasionally back up everything anyway (as in steps 1-7).
Note: The EsdTest Ver 8.20S installation program is now obsolete but may be found by clicking here.